Looking for a rewarding and challenging job working directly with public safety professionals? Join the First Tactical team. We offer a positive work environment, competitive pay, and room for advancement while serving some of the best departments and dealers in the United States.
Business Development Manager
As an independent sales representative for First Tactical, you will be responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. You are free to schedule, develop and implement an agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the assigned territory.
You will work with the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. First Tactical will provide you with all Public Safety contacts including Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in an assigned territory as well as sales samples, sales collateral and a territory management tool.
- Northern Central CA – Stockton (Pending)
- Northern CA – Bay Area
- Southern CA – LA County
- Arizona – PHX
- MN/WI/Dakotas – Minneapolis (Pending)
- MI/OH/IN – Toledo
- S. Texas – Houston
- N. Texas – Dallas
- OK/AR/LA – Little Rock
- E. PA / UpState NY
- NJ / DE
- VA – Richmond
- S. Florida
- N. Florida
- Retired or transitioning public safety professional preferred
- 2 to 3 years of Sales experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of tactical gear and apparel
- Associates degree, equivalent or higher education preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Clean driving record
- Insured vehicle to support travel, department calls and presentations and sales within sales territory
- Computer, tablet or smart phone with access to internet
- Be available for travel within assigned territory and corporate training or approved events
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM Software a plus
- Experience working in fast-paced, rapidly changing environments
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Proven ability to achieve goals and objectives
- Develop strong professional relationships with Public Safety departments and aligned influential consumers within the assigned territory
- Maintain contact with all clients in the territory to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction
- Develop, implement and execute sales strategies and territory business plans to drive sales in existing and new markets
- Schedule and conduct ongoing departmental visits and provide exceptional customer service
- Actively participate in local industry-related events
- Identify, coordinate and attend regional and national tradeshows as approved
- Responsible to serve as a First Tactical brand ambassador, promoting the First Tactical mission, products, business processes and unique offerings
- Responsible for the sample set, sales representative collateral, event kit, SWAG, seeding, wear testing arrangements and sales of First Tactical apparel and gear within their designated territory
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and First Tactical product knowledge that allows the Sales Representative to give effective presentations and achieve sales goals
- In conjunction with a Regional Sales Manager, works within an annual business plan and develops supporting territory plan. Plan will detail activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Representative meeting or exceeding sales objectives
- Maintain complete understanding of First Tactical sales process, pricing, embellishment, proposal models and ordering process
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with public safety officials, business owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers.
- Develops the First Tactical database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective networking with clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather and submit detailed business information for sales, marketing, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified prospects' business problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook and Excel to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.